What is a morning basket? Good question, a Morning Basket is basically a collection of books, activities and resources that is used to enrich your children’s learning.
It’s a time to come together, press in and reconnect, share and spend time with the precious ones in your life, your family.
Our themed Morning Basket activities are full of fun, hands on learning activities geared towards 2-6 year olds, but can be incorporated for older children too!
Our packs are also great to keep younger children entertained while their older siblings are busy doing their homeschool work!
In our Forestry Morning basket you will find:
- Beginning Sound Clip: A fun beginning sound clip activity where little ones sound out the picture on each card, then clip the correct beginning alphabet letter! Use a peg, marker, or even playdough to mark the correct alphabet letter.
- Big or Small: A size sorting activity in which children sort the big and small animals onto the correct trees.
- Coloring Sheets: A collection of forest coloring sheets for the whole family to enjoy!
- Counting Acorns: A fun number recognition and counting game using acorns.
- Cutting Strips: A cutting activity in which children cut along each line on the cards to practice motor skills.
- Building CVC Words: A consonant-vowel-consonant word building activity in which children spell out each CVC word using the leaf alphabet letters and the CVC log cards.
- Flash Cards: A set of forest 2-part vocabulary cards. If desired, cut along the lines and use as a word matching game.
- Forest Word Tracing: A set of forest related word tracing sheets. Laminate for multiple uses.
- Lacing Cards: A set of super easy prep lacing cards. You can use wool, string, or even a shoelace for lacing these cards.
- Memory Game: A fun memory game for the whole family. Use the backing page for double-sided printing.
- Number Clip: A number clip activity in which children count the number of images and clip the correctly numbered peg to each card.
- Owl Numbers 1-20: A number sequence activity in which little ones can place the owls in number order.
- Playdough Mats: Cut out and create your own forest scenes with playdough!
- Puzzles: A cute set of matching forest puzzles to enjoy!
- Squirrel Number Match: A fun counting and matching activity. Count the dots on each leaf and find the matching squirrel!
- Syllable Count: A one- and two-syllable counting game in which you take the center number card and find the matching picture or word cards. It helps to clap out the number of syllables in each word/picture card!
- Tracing Lines: A simple line tracing activity for your littlest of learners.
- Upper-and Lowercase Match: A fun game to match the upper and lower case alphabet letters.
- Where's My Tail?: A fun animal tail matching game for the whole family!
PLEASE NOTE: This is a digital product. Upon purchase you will receive one PDF file ready to print and play!